The placement of our storage building can be important to longevity as well as your overall happiness with the purchase of your new shed.
- Place your shed in an area that is accessible for your anticipated usage. In other words, if you are buying a shed for gardening equipment, place it close to the garden.
- Choose a site that is somewhat clear from low hanging branches. It is very unfortunate to have a branch fall through your shed after a thunder storm. It does happen, but can be prevented.
- If you are choosing to forgo the site preparation, place your shed on a level area of your yard.
- Consider water drainage when choosing a shed location. Low lying areas that are prone to standing water are not a good choice for placement.
- If you have an in-ground sprinkler system be sure to divert the sprinkler heads away from the shed.